Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Humans of New York

Happy Hump Day!

I don't like a lot of crazy stuff on facebook b/c I don't want to have all kinds of crazy stuff showing up on my news feed.  A while back, a friend posted something about following Humans of New York on facebook.  I was intrigued and liked the page.  I absolutely love it.  Some of the daily post are so inspiring, some are just reality and some just make me smile.

One that has not only been inspiring to me recenlty but has also made me smile is one that was posted yesterday about a man that, along with his wife, had adopted a daughter from Ethiopia.  He randomly had a conversation with the photographer of Humans of New York and that prompted them to post his picture and do a very quick fundraiser to help him raise some money to go toward their second adoption in Ethiopia.
The goal was to raise $26,000.  I seriously can not stop going to the page and refreshing it.  It makes my heart want to explode.  
As of this second they have officially raised $77,581 in just at 24 hours!!!!  It is amazing the people that are out there that will help in any way that they can. Anything over the $26,000 raised will go toward the education of both of their adopted children.  How amazing is that???  It just goes to show you that God can make a simple conversation, change your life!

Check out the facebook page at 

Here is the Fundraiser page

I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment